The splendours of the Liebermann Era 1973-1980
- 35 different lyrical works produced at the Palais Garnier
- 17 lyrical programmes produced by the Favart Theatre (“L'Opéra Comique”, then part of the Paris Opera)
- 756 lyrical performances given in the two theatres
The lyrical arts must now leave the Palais Garnier. Bloch-Lainé report, 1977
After the interruption of lyrical activities at the Palais Garnier between 1989 and 1993, the Gall report from 1993 planned that the Bastille Opera House and the Palais Garnier would share lyrical performances.
The reopening of lyrical activities in 1996 was celebrated with two exceptional performances:
- Don Giovanni in concert version, conducted by Sir Georg Solti, on the 1st and 4th of March 1996.
- Cosi fan tutte, conducted by Jeffrey Tate and directed by Ezio Toffolutti, was performed 10 times between the 2nd and the 30th of March 1996.
During the period 1980 to 1996, the ballet company continued to contribute to the good reputation of the Palais Garnier.
Its directors were successively Rosella Hightower, Rudolf Noureev, Patrick Dupond then from 1995 and again today Brigitte Lefèvre.